Important Membership Notice
AADMM requires all members pass a background check before becoming a member or renewing effective October 1, 2018. Before applying for membership, you must first provide proof of a passing background check. This applies to all classes of membership, including individual members as well as agencies. The background check must be conducted on the individual wishing to join AADMM, not on the company. Thereafter, the background check must be updated every two years.
Individuals applying for AADMM membership for the first time who have had a criminal background check conducted previously (in the last year) as required for professional licensure, certification, or other status related to their profession may submit that documentation to AADMM’s Business Office, in lieu of initiating a new background check. The documentation must include:
- Name of member
- Date of background check
- Explanation of the basis for the background check requirement (licensure, certification, etc.)
- Agency that performed the background check
- Result of the background check (passing only)
This exception applies as well to 2018 renewals of current members.
For the convenience of individuals who have not had a background check performed in the last year (2018 for current members), AADMM has partnered with Global Investigative Services, Inc (Global) to administer the required background check. To complete your background check, click the button on the “Join or Renew” page.
American Association of Daily Money Managers Background Check Program has two options for new and renewing individual members:
- Option A* – Membership Background Check – This background check provides a thorough criminal background search on the individual AADMM member.
- Option B – Background Check Cleared Program (BCC Program) – This is a thorough criminal background check and entitles the individual AADMM member to participate in Global’s “Background Check Cleared” program. In this program, a cleared individual may receive a badge that can be used on their website and in all marketing materials except the AADMM website.
American Association of Daily Money Manager background check program has two options for new and renewing agency members:
- Option A* – Membership Background Check – This background check provides a thorough criminal background search on the agency AADMM member.
- Option B* – Background Check Cleared Program (BCC Program) – all employees must participate regardless of AADMM membership – This background check is a thorough criminal background search on the employees of the AADMM agency member and entitles the agency to participate in the BCC Program. The agency will receive a badge that can be used on their website and all other marketing materials except the AADMM website.
Choose the background check option, then submit your application to Global.
After Global completes the background check, notification will be sent to the email provided during the application process. AADMM will not receive a copy of any background check information but will be informed of your passing. Upon receiving a “Pass” notification, you will be able to complete your membership online. AADMM will not be privy to any disputes or inaccuracies please contact Global directly for resolution.
Any questions contact American Association of Daily Money Managers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-357-9191.
To view the AADMM Background Check FAQ list, click here.
* Additional Court Access Fees may apply depending upon geographical location.