A Dream Team assembled
In 1992, Olympic Team USA assembled a men’s basketball team that dominated the Olympics in their sport. Part of the reason was that each player brought a unique expertise and skill to the team. Michael Jordon played the guard position and was an expert shooter. Patrick Ewing was the 7-foot center providing a formidable wall to opponents. The collection of players working well together resulted in an unstoppable dream team.
Your Financial Team
When it comes to your finances, a team of professionals can help assure your financial success. You probably already have an initial set of people to help you. Some of these team members may include:
• An accountant to prepare tax returns
• A financial advisor to manage your long-term invested savings
• An insurance agent or broker to protect your vehicles, homes, and income
• A favorite banker to assist with your banking needs
• An attorney for creating and managing legal documents
Building Your Dream Team
On the Olympic dream team, there were two more people who contributed to the success: the team captain and the coach. The coach set the direction of the team and the captain made sure that the team worked together to carry out what the coach wanted.
You are the coach of your financial team, but do you have a coordinating captain? Adding a Daily Money Manager (DMM) to your team to fill the role of captain can support you as the coach.
A DMM brings the day-to-day financial perspective to the team— something you may not want to spend time on and an area in which the other team members do not focus.
- For the tax preparer, a DMM organizes the daily paperwork and can provide exactly what the preparer needs to complete the tax returns.
- For the financial advisor, the DMM can provide information on income and expenses that the advisor needs to develop and oversee the retirement plan.
- For an estate attorney, a DMM can assemble the information needed to prepare legal documents and entities.
In each situation the DMM helps coordinate your desires as the coach.
Going for the Win
In the same way that each person on the 1992 Olympic basketball team contributed to the team’s overall success with a specific skillset and role, adding a daily money manager to complete your financial dream team of professionals can help you achieve and maintain your financial goals. Go for the win!
Thomas Lapp of Triad Personal Paperwork Services, provides daily money management services from Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania. Thomas is an AADMM member who received both bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Electrical Engineering and has been a logical thinker and detail-oriented person all of his life. For more information: https://www.triadpaperwork.com/