Continuing Education – Acceptable Courses and Programs
Courses may be taken in person, phone, online, webinar or recorded event. Self study courses are not acceptable.
* Self study includes courses done on your own time reading/watching video followed by exams without monitoring.
There are many different titles for daily money managers and different definitions for each that can vary from state to state, (examples include but not limited to: Fiduciary, Conservator, Guardian, Financial Planner). Please remember when submitting courses for approval; approvals are granted by the task a Daily Money Manager would perform or how they would work with these other titles. Keep in mind even if you work in one of these capacities as well, the Certification Board reviews education as it would apply to the PDMM designation. You can find the recertification categories and descriptions of topics for each category at the AADMM website under the recertification tab.
To provide an example but not limited to these items:
Topics that advise clients on the financial divide in a divorce or stock market advice courses are not acceptable as they are outside the realm of a PDMM and the money manager should guide their client to talk to qualified professionals in that field. However, courses that give you knowledge of how to read investment documents or how to be prepared to work with the clients attorney through a divorce are topics that could fall into the approved education for a PDMM.
- AADMM will consider approving courses and programs offered by other organizations. The PDMM is responsible for submitting the PDMM Outside CEU application and other documents as specified on the application for each course within 60 days after taking the course or the course will not be approved. Notification of status will be sent via email and approval certificates will be added to CE Tracking System. This certificate is your documentation that the course was approved and must be submitted along with a certificate of attendance as part of the recertification application. You may submit a Certificate of Completion for any Outside Continuing Education Approval (OCEA) at any time to be updated in the CEU Tracking system. When submitting the certificate separate from the initial application request make sure to include the approval notification.Please Note: The Certificaiton Board meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month to review Education and PDMM applications. All items that require review must be submitted prior to the 1st Tuesday of the month or they will be reviewed at the following monthly meeting.Review the Recertification Content to see the types of topics to consider when choosing to attend non AADMM sponsored courses. Courses that include these topics are more likely to be approved than those not included on this list.
- AADMM reserves the right to reject a continuing education course/program submitted by a PDMM if it is outside the scope of daily money management or is otherwise unacceptable because of presentation or content. AADMM courses/programs which are unrelated to the actual practice of daily money management (for example, marketing courses) will not be accepted. A PDMM will be notified of a rejected course/program via email along with the reason for the rejection.
- Procedure to appeal an Outside Continuing Education Application Certification Board decision:
- A PDMM has 60 days from the date of the PDMM course denial notification to request an appeal.
- A PDMM must submit their request to the Certification board via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/fax to the business office. The appeal must include a cover letter stating grounds for appeal, the original application and any supporting documents. The cover letter must provide details as to why the PDMM feels the course was valuable to their situation. The Certification Board will review the request during their regularly scheduled monthly meeting.
- If approved, the PDMM will be notified, and the course will be added into the Continuing Education Tracking system. It will be the responsibility of the PDMM to provide proof of attendance from the event (if not already done so), prior to using the course for re-certification hours.
- If the appeal is denied by a majority vote, the board will submit an email to the individual stating the reason for their decision. After which the decision is final and the course stands as denied.
- At this time AADMM does not have CEU Partners or Providers, but is always looking for providers whose educational content matches the needs of the PDMM Certification. If you are aware of a matching provider please contact email@example.com.
- One credit hour consists of 50 or 60 minutes of participation in an approved course or program.
The American Association of Daily Money Managers does accept ½ credits in the measure of 30 to 50 minutes of participation. Anything less is not acceptable.
AADMM will consider college courses taken within your renewal period that pertains to the scope of daily money management. You must submit the PDMM Outside CEU Application along with, course syllabus, your grade and amount of credits earned. Credits will be given based on the amount given by the college. (Ex. if you earn 2 credits for completing the course you will earn 2 CEU’s in the area of education that matches the PDMM requirements.)
Teaching credit hours are earned based on time of instruction with 30 minutes being the minimum CEU’s allowed.
- Any American Association of Daily Money Managers event – When speaking notify AADMM contact that you wish to receive teaching credits.
- A non-AADMM sponsored event as long as the event covers a topic that is approved by AADMM. A non-sponsored event must be approved PRIOR to speaking, by completing the PDMM Outside CEU Application and along with course syllabus or brochure.
- A PDMM may only earn two (2) credit hours per year for teaching, these hours may be applied to categories as needed when the recertification time comes.
AADMM offers recorded webinars that are acceptable for continuing education. Upon viewing the recording the individual must submit the requested codes with the timeframe allotted to verify participation and receive a certificate of attendance loaded into the CE Tracking System.
AADMM will accept Outside Recorded education events in which participation is verified by the course sponsor. There is no limit to the number of hours obtained by viewing recorded events as long as the event meets all AADMM PDMM requirments and to submit a course complete the Outside Continuing Education Application and be sure to include the method of course participation verification.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- PDMM Recertification Renewal Requirements
- Noncompliance with Renewal Requirements
- Continuing Education - Acceptable Courses and Programs
- Locations for Potential Outside PDMM® Education
- Continuing Education Unit Tracking System
- Recertification Content
- Appeal Procedure for Outside CEU Decision